Wednesday, July 29, 2009

FAIL


So I was poking around our YouTube page, trying to figure out how to get rid of those pesky embedded advertisements, when I accidentally deleted all of our videos.

I've never experienced a feeling quite like it - not exactly an adrenaline rush, more like a devastating remorse rush. I think I went through all five stages of grief that day.

Luckily, all the videos still existed on (our editor) Erik's hard drive, so I was able to re-upload. But things aren't quite the same. The first episode of Actor Hunters had over 200,000 views, now we're down to 90.

I know we don't do it for the stats, we do it because we love making comedy together, but I still feel like a tiny piece of me died inside. Worst of all, I've let the Statesmen down in an irreversible way.

Maybe this debacle can be seen as a rebirth. Its been over a year since we'd put anything new up, but we now plan to deliver fresh videos on a regular basis. We're starting out this week with a video that almost got us arrested (we'll save that story for later), and in a lot of ways this feels like a new beginning. We're kicking out the cobwebs, I just wish I hadn't messed up so bad while doing it.

No comments: